Monday, January 25, 2010

New Year's Resolution


The boys are both napping, I just finished my bible study, and the kitchen is SCREAMING at me! HAHAHA! I am ignoring it of course, just to have a little "me" time.  Starting the New Year with my Facebook fast really helped me to discover what order my priorities should be in. These priorities include all the household duties of a mother:
raising kids, good ones
keeping the house clean
making meals
doing laundry
cleaning the kitchen
getting groceries
socializing to keep sanity
cleaning the kitchen
making meals
and I know there are some others I am forgetting.......
I did list a couple twice because those are ones that seem to be CONSTANT never ending in my house.
I sometimes feel like it is all to tempting to look on facebook frequently through out the day to see what is going on in other people's lives or maybe it is just the only way a country girl can socialize with out making the 30 minute trek to town.  This is usually taking away from many of the duties of a housewife. Anyways, I have made a New Year's resolution to only get on the computer when the boys are sleeping and it's not taking away from time with the hubby..... so far we are doing good. But I announced it on here so you all can keep me accountable. I don't want my kids growing up remembering their Mom being on her computer. I also don't want to look back and think did I play with them enough? Some days I can even get very wrapped up in cleaning, SOME days, the days I am feeling very productive, but lately I have decided to turn those productive energies into doing creative things with the boys. So far the result is: Happier babies, sleepier babies, and a happy mom!!! I am really tired by the end of the day, but it's a GREAT tired. Now I just want to say, I wasn't like NEVER playing with my boys before or anything like that, but I am just trying to be more into my FIRST job of being a stay at home mom, which is raising kids to follow the Lord!  We will see how the year goes!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Greathouse Gang. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase